I love food like this.
I made this up but it’s not really a ‘recipe’ as such… more of a load of my favourite things chucked together. It feels really healthy…actually it is really healthy. The roasted chickpeas are great because they provide a bit of crunch and almost turn into roast hazelnuts. The avocado is creamy and makes the whole thing taste ‘richer’ than it actually is, and the tahini dressing is delicious (if you love sesame like I do). I cook the salmon for around 10-15 minutes because I like it to be a bit pink inside. If you prefer it a firmer texture then just cook it for 20.
Vegetables to roast (I use sweet potato and red pepper)
Half a tin of chickpeas
Kale (or cavelo nero)
Tenderstem (or purple sprouting) broccoli
Tahini sauce (tahini, lemon juice, water, maple syrup)
- Coat your chopped (fairly chunky) vegetables in olive oil and roast them in a preheated oven (180 degrees) – they will take around 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your tahini dressing by mixing half of the juice of a lemon with a tablespoon of tahini paste, a splash of hot water and a few teaspoons of maple syrup.
- When your vegetables have been cooking for 25 minutes, season your salmon fillet with salt and pepper and pop it on one end of an oiled tray. Empty half of the tin of your chickpeas on to the other end of the tray and stick the tray in the oven.
- Use the next 15 minutes to steam your broccoli and kale and chop your avocado.
- Get everything out – assemble.. drizzle with tahini sauce and a sprinkle of chopped coriander!